2016 Internship Application
If you love photography, makeup, fashion and women, this is the internship for you! Spend the semester empowering women by day and learning what it takes to run a successful photography studio by night. The Mod Bettie Photography Intern will learn and be responsible for a variety of tasks including but not limited to maintaining website and social media accounts, filming behind the scenes videos, editing pictures and video, assisting with production, lighting and styling client portrait shoots.
Your job is to help enhance the Mod Bettie experience for every woman by creating a safe and supportive environment for female self expression.
Exact tasks vary according to the specialization. However, common activities include:
- carrying out research and preparation for a shoot;
- using an extensive range of technical equipment, including cameras, lenses, lighting and Adobe editing software;
- communicating with photographic subjects, putting them at ease, encouraging them and directing them;
- arranging props, wardrobe, products, scenes, and backgrounds;
- liaising with other professionals, including graphic designers, writers, gallery managers, picture researchers, commissioning editors and art directors;
- managing the processing and use of images, discussing technical problems, checking for quality and dealing with clients' concerns;
- packaging finished products, such as albums and framed prints;
- understanding digital photography and keeping up to date with industry trends, developments and new techniques;
- developing expertise with software to digitally enhance images by, for example, changing emphasis, cropping pictures, correcting minor faults or moving objects around;
- marketing by producing business cards, postcards and promotional materials as well as maintaining our website and social media accounts.
Is this role right for me?
To do this role, you will need to:
- be willing to learn
- be organized and practical
- understand how to operate digital cameras for still and video shoots
- anticipate the needs of the photographer
- have excellent communication skills
- be able to foresee and evaluate potential problems, and deal with them calmly
- be knowledgeable in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop
- possess good office skills
- pay close attention to detail